Listen on the player above, or download this week’s episode as an mp3 here (right-click, “save as.”)
I’ve already gotten two compliments on this week’s Frotcast, and it’s only been up for a few hours, so it must be good. First things first: there are no Dark Knight Rises spoilers in this week’s Frotcast. Repeat, THERE ARE NO DARK KNIGHT RISES SPOILERS IN THIS WEEK’S FROTCAST. I promise.
Anyway, this week we bring on everyone’s favorite Dark Knight Rises review troll, Film.com’s Eric D. Snider, who talks about kicked off the Tomatometer, the irony of him getting kicked off and me being allowed in on the same day, and reads us his most hilarious death threats. We don’t have Newsroom clips this week, so instead we play some clips from HBO Real Sports, the last, greatest bastion of the oldest, whitest sports journalism that used to rule the land. Specifically, Bernie Goldberg and is hilarious Devil’s Advocate interview style. Other topics include Brendan’s new dog, cutting a turd from your dog’s butt, your emails, and a return of our old segment, Vince’s Comedy Journal Roulette.
Subscribe on iTunes. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Voicemail us at 415.275.0030. Follow me on Twitter. Follow Eric Snider on Twitter. Follow Ben on Twitter. Download the Stitcher App and stream the Frotcast to your iPhone or Android device. Fan us on Facebook.
More detailed notes courtesy of Adam/AMB.
- 00:01:55 – Bret gets some love for his misanthropic ways via listener emails. A listener shares a dating site experience where he unknowingly became a research subject. The guys talk Newsroom and its defining of characters through hair styles and clothing.
- 00:12:12 – Old-school, smarmy sports journalists, with their lack of subtlety, get discussed as Vince plays some clips from HBO’s Real Sports.
- 00:25:08 – Film critic Eric Snider joins the Frotcast to talk about this week’s incident that led to him being kicked off Rotten Tomatoes for baiting its commenters. He talks about his time at the Daily Herald in Provo, Utah, and how he got fired from there. Eric was kind enough to read one of the death threats he got for his Dark Knight Rises prank. Vince has finally made the big time: he has been recently approved by Rotten Tomatoes. Brendan reveals a dark secret.
- 01:09:30 – Vince plays a video of vintage trolling. Brendan and Vince share dog pooping stories. The Frotcast puts a call out for a Gathering of the Juggalos correspondent.
- 01:22:57 – It’s time for Vince’s Comedy Notebook Roulette. The guys finish up by talking about Jews and motorcycles.
I want more like this!
Follow Film Drunk on Facebook and get the latest movie news and humor before everyone else.