Listen on the player above, or download this week’s episode as an mp3 here (right-click, “save as.”)
This week on the Frotcast, we brought on Laremy’s partner Brad Brevet from RopeofSilicon, whom we’ve taken to calling “Sparemy” (Your Laremy blow out on the highway? Throw on a Sparemy!). Brad turns out to be a pretty solid guest in his own right, and we end up discussing the latest hate-fuel from The Newsroom (this week… Aaron Sorkin is angry about computers… again!), The Amazing Spider-Man, and Magic Mike.
READER ASSIGNMENT: In honor of Matt Louv’s embarrassing OKCupid emails from last week, we’re asking for your weirdest, funniest, saddest, and most embarrassing dating site emails. Whether it was something you sent or received, either way is fine. Just email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe on iTunes. Email us at email@example.com. Voicemail us at 415.275.0030. Follow me on Twitter. Follow Laremy on Twitter. Follow Ben on Twitter. Download the Stitcher App and stream the Frotcast to your iPhone or Android device.
Detailed episode notes courtesy of Adam:
This week, we talk about Newsroom again, Spider-Man and Magic Mike. We bring on Laremy’s podcast co-host Brad Brevet, who goes to Cannes and sees every movie that gets released. We read your emails, play some random news clips, and generally drunk on.
- 00:06:08 – The Frotcast begins with some listener emails. Vince reads some self-righteous profiles from OK Cupid.
- 00:17:50 – The guys review the second episode of Newsroom, play some clips, and talk about Sorkin’s hatred and complete ignorance of technology. The Borgias gets brought up.
- 00:27:30 – Another email is read about a listener who lied about being an astronaut. The guys talk about the differences of PDA, they play a Miley Cyrus news clip, and talk about hanging out with Australians.
- 00:34:34 – Brad Brevet joins the Frotcast for the first time. The guys talk about Tommy Bahama, crazies at screenings, Laremy’s writing, and R. Kelly.
- 00:50:55 – Vince and Brad both saw The Amazing Spider-Man as well as Magic Mike. Both hated Spider-Man and loved Magic Mike. The guys talk the awesomeness of Matthew McConaughey, the growth of C-Tates, and the acclaim of Steven Soderbergh. Brad and Vince go over the best and worst films of 2011 so far. There is talk of Cannes, Jamaican Precious, Steven Seagal, Comic-Con, and Fake Bret makes a return.
- 01:31:40 – Vince talks about the screening he attended in Austin and the canoe trip that preceded it. The guys give a run down on how to achieve the best karaoke experience.
I want more like this!
Follow Film Drunk on Facebook and get the latest movie news and humor before everyone else.