Here we have the trailer for 2016, a movie from Ghana which seems to be set four years in the future, in a time when both Terminators and Predators roam the Earth. It’s basically the super-low-budget version of that Indian movie where a giant robot snake slithers around eating cars, with all the gloriousness that would imply. To put it succinctly, a Predator kills a lady with a car and then kicks a baby.
Oh, but that’s not all. Let’s see if I can provide a full plot summary:
- A Predator says something scary in a robot voice.
- This causes a young boy walking down a street somewhere to be attacked by a flying motorcycle, which cracks open his skull.
- A predator shoots a bullet from his chest and a dude dodges it, Matrix-style
- The predator throws a ninja star, which is also dodged.
- The ninja star continues flying, only to be stopped in mid-air by a TERMINATOR, who deflects it using some kind of forcefield.
- The Terminator pulls a Lamborghini out of thin air and throws it on top of a lady. The lady had been sitting in the middle of the street for some reason.
- A cell phone explodes
- A dude explodes
- The predator kicks a car
- A dude dodges the car
- The predator kicks him in the face
- THE PREDATOR KICKS A BABY!
- The trailer ends in mid shot.
And if you liked “2016,” you’ll LOVE “12:00,” which appears to have been shot on the same two streets.
Being a movie trailer announcer in Ghana seems a lot like being the back-up guy in one of those Jamaican rap songs. You just shout one or two phrases over and over, and they always sound awesome. A nuh mi like Predator, him kick de bebbe, BUH BUH!