“I’ve waited 3,000 years just to stare at your f-cking forehead.”
I know Hollywood’s really no different than any other business in that they spend about 1% of their time actually coming up with new ideas and the other 99% sniffing each other’s butts, but still. You’d think that just once, someone, somewhere, at some point during last five years, if only to buck the trend, would name their sequel a simple (blank) 2. But no. The focus groups have decreed it! Sequels mustn’t have numbers!
MTV News has the scoop on the official name and logo for Chris Weitz’s soon-to-film sequel to “Twilight.” Dubbed “The Twilight Saga’s New Moon.” [MTV]
So yeah, it’s basically your same-old vampire story, but pumped fill of fainting and melodrama and hyperbole and mormonism, so you can’t really argue that calling it a “saga” doesn’t fit. Though I’ll tell ya what I’d like to pump it full of. That’s right, lead. *blows smoke off gun finger*
I want more like this!
Follow Film Drunk on Facebook and get the latest movie news and humor before everyone else.