There’s a new teaser trailer for The Rocker out, and, though it’s shorter and uses mainly the same footage as the full-length trailer, the teaser’s tighter editing is much better at communicating just how awful this is going to be. I think if you do the research, you’ll find that a guy getting hit in the nuts during the trailer pretty much guarantees the movie will be terrible (see also: The Love Guru – 1:53 mark). Other bad omens:
- Punctuating a joke with a reaction shot so you know they made a joke
- Guy getting hit with a drumstick
- Rainn Wilson getting hit with a tree branch
- Rainn Wilson falling off a chair
- The weirdest fake sneeze I’ve ever seen
My point is, go easy on the slapstick, guys. How the hell are Seltzer and Friedberg supposed to parody this now?
I want more like this!
Follow Film Drunk on Facebook and get the latest movie news and humor before everyone else.